- The bridge and roadway are open to traffic from Manth to U.S. Highway 1. Lane closures are anticipated throughout the project for construction activities and deficiency list items.
- The latest project aerial photos have been updated on the project website.
- Adjustments made to signal timing at Floresta Drive.
- Pending Project Items:
- Pond 5 area sod installation on the southside
- Final thermo on US Highway 1, Village Green, Manth, Preston and turn lanes at Floresta
- Paving corrections east and west side of the project.
- Construction of the plaza under the bridge including lighting, irrigation, brick pavers, sidewalks, landscaping, shell concrete and other decorative features.
- Pouring Gazebo footers next week at the plaza
- Install work out equipment at Floresta Pond Area.
- Sign installation throughout the project
- Landscaping and mulching ongoing
- Corrections and deficiency items
- Completing connector roads
- Concrete pads around light poles in various areas.
- Fence installation pending in some areas
A final inspection will take place prior to project acceptance. The contractor continues to complete activities and corrections throughout the corridor.
Crosstown Parkway Community Celebration and Block Party September 28, 2019
Crosstown Parkway Extension Job Fair – June 29, 2017
Groundbreaking Event – May 9, 2017
Construction Open House – March 6, 2017
- Crosstown Project Presentation
- Project Flier
- Comment Form
- Meeting Agenda
- Superstreet Handout
- Animation Video
- City Manager’s Message – Mitigation Projects
- Fish Sculpture
- Coral Reef Trailhead
- Bridge Typical Section
- Groundbreaking Board
- Job Fair Board
- Project Overview Typical Section
- Title VI Board (English)
- Title VI (Spanish)
Design Open House – January 13, 2016
In order to accommodate the grand opening celebration, the City of Port St. Lucie will temporarily close Floresta Drive at Autumn Terrace to Chaloupe Avenue, along with surrounding local roads, beginning Saturday, September 28, at 5 a.m. to all traffic. The following roads also will be temporarily closed at 5 a.m. on Saturday:
- Sandia Drive at Crosstown Pkwy
- Crosstown Pkwy east of Airoso Blvd.
Motorists are encouraged to use Airoso Blvd. or other alternate routes during the event. All of these roads will reopen at 4 p.m. after the event. The new bridge also will open to traffic at 4 p.m. Cars will be able to line up to drive over the bridge on Crosstown Parkway from Airoso Blvd. to Sandia Drive beginning at 3 p.m. on Saturday.
Floresta Drive will be closed between Atlantus Avenue and Chaloupe Avenue during nighttime hours until September 15, 2019. The nighttime hours will be from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
The closure is necessary to complete asphalt paving and roadway activities at Floresta Drive and Crosstown Parkway. Motorists are encouraged to use the detour route already in place including Thornhill Drive, Sandia Drive and Evergreen Terrace.
The eastbound traffic on Village Green was shifted towards the median area and southside of the roadway. A through lane in each direction and a left turn lane onto US-1 remain open. The roadway will remain in this configuration for construction activities including utility work, drainage and reconstruction of the north half of Village Green Drive.
One northbound lane on US-1, north of Village Green Drive intersection, will be closed through January, 2019. One of the two left southbound turn lanes from US-1 to Village Green Drive will be closed.
One US 1 southbound lane closure from Savanna Road to Veterans Memorial Parkway will be closed Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
West Virginia Drive is closed from east of Sandia Drive to SE Coral Reef Street. Floresta remains open to traffic.
Please seek alternate routes to accommodate safety in this area. Alternate routes can include NE Prima Vista Boulevard, SE Thornhill Drive and SW Port St. Lucie Boulevard.