- The latest project aerial photos have been included on the project website.
- The contractor poured Span 16 deck on Monday, July 30. The next deck pour will be several weeks out as the contractor continues bridge activities on the east side of the project.
- Work continues on Village Green Drive.
- One of two southbound left turn lanes are closed on US 1.
- Traffic from the north side of Village Green Drive from US 1 to Huffman Road was shifted to the south side of the roadway for utility, drainage, and roadway activities.
- One southbound lane and one northbound lane closed on US 1 from Savanna Road to Village Green Drive Intersection.
- A portion of Huffman Road will be closed between US 1 and Village Green starting August 15 to September 5. No driveways will be impacted during this closure.
- Pouring concrete driveways and sidewalks on the northside of Village Green.
- Contractor has installed 39 of 46 spans of trestle on the eastside. The contractor continues to remove trestle from the west side.
- The contractor will continue driving test piles on the east side of the NFSLR (test piles at bent 32 through 22 are complete). The contractor completed driving production piles at bent 24 and 23. (27 of 32 bents driven to date.)
- Beams installed on spans 1 through 16 and 25 through 31.
- Installing form work for deck spans 29 and 30.
- Segmental block wall on the east side is under construction.
- Drainage work continues at pond 5 adjacent to Huffman Road.
- A chain link fence is being installed behind the houses along the project corridor
- Handrail installation along the bridge.
- Bridge drainage activities
Crosstown Parkway Extension Job Fair – June 29, 2017
Groundbreaking Event – May 9, 2017
Construction Open House – March 6, 2017
- Crosstown Project Presentation
- Project Flier
- Comment Form
- Meeting Agenda
- Superstreet Handout
- Animation Video
- City Manager’s Message – Mitigation Projects
- Fish Sculpture
- Coral Reef Trailhead
- Bridge Typical Section
- Groundbreaking Board
- Job Fair Board
- Project Overview Typical Section
- Title VI Board (English)
- Title VI (Spanish)
Design Open House – January 13, 2016
- Welcome Sign
- Title VI Sign English
- Title VI Sign Spanish
- Comment Form
- Fact Sheet
- Public Meeting Exhibit
- Mitigation Projects Map
- Mitigation Projects Boards
- Crosstown Animation
- Superstreet Renderings
- Superstreet Benefits
- Crosstown Rendering
- Canoe Launch Rendering
- Sculpture Voting Results
The northbound traffic on Village Green was shifted towards the median area and southbound roadway. A through lane in each direction and a left turn lane onto US-1 remain open. The roadway will remain in this configuration for construction activities including utility work, drainage and reconstruction of the north half of Village Green Drive.
One northbound lane on US-1, north of Village Green Drive intersection, will be closed through December 13, 2018. One of the two left southbound turn lanes from US-1 to Village Green Drive will be closed.
One US 1 southbound lane closure from Savanna Road to Veterans Memorial Parkway will be closed Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. until October 10, 2018.
Two inside northbound lanes on US 1 from Walton Road to Huffman will be closed Monday through Friday from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. August 5 – August 10, 2018.
Huffman Road Closure between US 1 and Village Green on August 10 – August 17, 2018.
West Virginia Drive is closed from east of Sandia Drive to SE Coral Reef Street. Floresta remains open to traffic.
Please seek alternate routes to accommodate safety in this area. Alternate routes can include NE Prima Vista Boulevard, SE Thornhill Drive and SW Port St. Lucie Boulevard.
Beginning on December 4, 2017 through April 30, 2018, the width of the channel of the North Fork of the St. Lucie River will be reduced to 33’ due to the construction of the temporary trestle (work platform).
The contractor will implement periodic height restrictions, allowing clearance for boats that are 6’ or lower only.
Height restrictions will be in place on the following dates. Dates may change due to weather and other unforeseen circumstances.
- March 5 and 6
- March 20 – March 30