- Crosstown Grand Opening and Community Block Party to take place on Saturday, September 28 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. with the bridge opening at 4 p.m. to traffic.
- Utility boxes in the project limits were wrapped with winning art from 13 finalists from the St. Lucie River or Crosstown Parkway Project Call to Artists.
- Friction course (last lift of asphalt) continues on Crosstown Parkway, west of the bridge. Additional friction course activities to take place along US 1, Village Green and Sandia.
- Work continues on Village Green Drive and US Highway 1 area.
- Traffic shift on Village Green. Eastbound and westbound traffic shifted to the north side of Village Green for reconstruction of the south side of Village Green.
- One of two southbound left turn lanes are closed on US 1.
- One southbound lane and one northbound lane closed on US 1 from Savanna Road to Village Green Drive Intersection both daytime and nighttime hours for roadway activities.
- Traffic was placed in a new configuration (reduced conflict intersection with signalized u-tuns) at the Floresta and Crosstown intersection. The contractor has constructed the raised median in the intersection.
- Southbound U.S. 1 traffic was shifted to the outside to provide space to construct the median widening on U.S. 1.
- Irrigation installation continues including installation of valve boxes and electrical conduit.
- Landscaping to continue to be delivered and installed throughout the project. Landscaping to be installed in segmental wall near bridge towers.
- Installation of Minnesota rail nearing completion.
- Painting median barrier wall.
- Activities continue at Pond 5 including excavation.
- Activities taking place under the bridge at Coral Reef.
- Punchlist items and project clean up taking place throughout the project.
- Pouring sidewalk and curb along US Highway 1.
Crosstown Parkway Community Celebration and Block Party September 28, 2019
Crosstown Parkway Extension Job Fair – June 29, 2017
Groundbreaking Event – May 9, 2017
Construction Open House – March 6, 2017
- Crosstown Project Presentation
- Project Flier
- Comment Form
- Meeting Agenda
- Superstreet Handout
- Animation Video
- City Manager’s Message – Mitigation Projects
- Fish Sculpture
- Coral Reef Trailhead
- Bridge Typical Section
- Groundbreaking Board
- Job Fair Board
- Project Overview Typical Section
- Title VI Board (English)
- Title VI (Spanish)
Design Open House – January 13, 2016
Floresta Drive will be closed between Atlantus Avenue and Chaloupe Avenue during nighttime hours until September 15, 2019. The nighttime hours will be from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
The closure is necessary to complete asphalt paving and roadway activities at Floresta Drive and Crosstown Parkway. Motorists are encouraged to use the detour route already in place including Thornhill Drive, Sandia Drive and Evergreen Terrace.
The eastbound traffic on Village Green was shifted towards the median area and southside of the roadway. A through lane in each direction and a left turn lane onto US-1 remain open. The roadway will remain in this configuration for construction activities including utility work, drainage and reconstruction of the north half of Village Green Drive.
One northbound lane on US-1, north of Village Green Drive intersection, will be closed through January, 2019. One of the two left southbound turn lanes from US-1 to Village Green Drive will be closed.
One US 1 southbound lane closure from Savanna Road to Veterans Memorial Parkway will be closed Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
West Virginia Drive is closed from east of Sandia Drive to SE Coral Reef Street. Floresta remains open to traffic.
Please seek alternate routes to accommodate safety in this area. Alternate routes can include NE Prima Vista Boulevard, SE Thornhill Drive and SW Port St. Lucie Boulevard.