- First Deck Pour took place on Tuesday, March 13. The next deck pour is anticipated for Tuesday, March 20, pending weather and other unforeseen circumstances with materials and deliveries.
- Continue pouring curb west of the bridge.
- Placing base rock for the roadway west of Floresta Drive with a focus on the westbound lanes.
- Stabilize material between Bayharbor Street and Floresta Drive for basework.
- Work continues on Village Green Drive.
- One of two southbound left turn lanes will be closed on US 1.
- Traffic from the north side of Village Green Drive from US 1 to Huffman Road was shifted to the south side of the roadway for three to five months for utility, drainage and roadway activities.
- Team is performing door to door outreach with the businesses in the area.
- The width of the channel of the NFSLR will be restricted until the end of April 2018. The next vertical restrictions in the channel of the North Fork of the St. Lucie River are anticipated on March 22-24 and March 26-30.
- Sidewalk is continuing on the west side of the bridge.
- Installing light pole bases and conduit for sidewalk lighting.
- Contractor has installed 15 spans of trestle on the eastside.
- The contractor will continue driving test piles on the east side of the NFSLR (test piles at bent 32, 31, 30 and 29). The contractor will be driving piles at end bent 32 (19 of 32 bents driven to date.)
- Installing beams on span 16 (Completed spans 1 through 15.)
- Installing form work for deck spans 1-5.
- Pouring the Southwest Tower for the bridge next week.
Crosstown Parkway Extension Job Fair – June 29, 2017
Groundbreaking Event – May 9, 2017
Construction Open House – March 6, 2017
- Crosstown Project Presentation
- Project Flier
- Comment Form
- Meeting Agenda
- Superstreet Handout
- Animation Video
- City Manager’s Message – Mitigation Projects
- Fish Sculpture
- Coral Reef Trailhead
- Bridge Typical Section
- Groundbreaking Board
- Job Fair Board
- Project Overview Typical Section
- Title VI Board (English)
- Title VI (Spanish)
Design Open House – January 13, 2016
- Welcome Sign
- Title VI Sign English
- Title VI Sign Spanish
- Comment Form
- Fact Sheet
- Public Meeting Exhibit
- Mitigation Projects Map
- Mitigation Projects Boards
- Crosstown Animation
- Superstreet Renderings
- Superstreet Benefits
- Crosstown Rendering
- Canoe Launch Rendering
- Sculpture Voting Results
The northbound traffic on Village Green will be shifted towards the median area and southbound roadway. A through lane in each direction and a left turn lane onto US-1 will remain open. The roadway will remain in this configuration for three to five months for construction activities including utility work, drainage and reconstruction of the north half of Village Green Drive.
One of the two left southbound turn lanes from US 1 to Village Green Drive will be closed.
West Virginia Drive is closed from east of Sandia Drive to SE Coral Reef Street. Floresta remains open to traffic.
Please seek alternate routes to accommodate safety in this area. Alternate routes can include NE Prima Vista Boulevard, SE Thornhill Drive and SW Port St. Lucie Boulevard.
Beginning on December 4, 2017 through April 30, 2018, the width of the channel of the North Fork of the St. Lucie River will be reduced to 33’ due to the construction of the temporary trestle (work platform).
The contractor will implement periodic height restrictions, allowing clearance for boats that are 6’ or lower only.
Height restrictions will be in place on the following dates. Dates may change due to weather and other unforeseen circumstances.
- March 5 and 6
- March 22 – March 24
- March 26 – March 30