- The contractor completed driving pile on the west side of the North Fork of the St. Lucie River. The first pile for the east side will start at end bent 32.
- Pouring curb for the median west of Floresta.
- Finishing Pond 1 (retention pond in the area of Floresta).
- Work continues on Village Green Drive.
- One of two southbound left turn lanes will be closed on US 1.
- Starting on Friday, February 16, the north side of Village Green from US 1 to Huffman Road will be shifted to the south side of the roadway for three to five months for utility, drainage and roadway activities.
- Team is performing door to door outreach with the businesses in the area.
- Relocating gas line at Village Green starting next week.
- The width of the channel will be restricted until the end of April 2018. The next vertical restrictions in the channel of the North Fork of the St. Lucie River are anticipated on March 5th through9th.
- Sidewalk is continuing on the south side of the roadway from Manth to Floresta.
- Installing light pole bases and conduit for sidewalk lighting.
- Work continues on the segmental block wall.
- Utility and drainage activities for the Coral Reef Street area.
- Moving trestle to the eastside. (Installed approximately 58 spans of 96 to date.)
- The contractor will be driving piles at end bent 32 (17 of 32 bents driven to date.)
- Installing beams on span 12 (Completed spans 1 through 11.)
- Installing form work for deck spans 1 and 2.
- Pouring a footer for the south tower.
- Pour cap at bent 15 (all caps set up to bent 15.)
- Construction progress video was added to the website and emailed to our Crosstown distribution list. An additional beam video was also added to the website.
Crosstown Parkway Extension Job Fair – June 29, 2017
Groundbreaking Event – May 9, 2017
Construction Open House – March 6, 2017
- Crosstown Project Presentation
- Project Flier
- Comment Form
- Meeting Agenda
- Superstreet Handout
- Animation Video
- City Manager’s Message – Mitigation Projects
- Fish Sculpture
- Coral Reef Trailhead
- Bridge Typical Section
- Groundbreaking Board
- Job Fair Board
- Project Overview Typical Section
- Title VI Board (English)
- Title VI (Spanish)
Design Open House – January 13, 2016
- Welcome Sign
- Title VI Sign English
- Title VI Sign Spanish
- Comment Form
- Fact Sheet
- Public Meeting Exhibit
- Mitigation Projects Map
- Mitigation Projects Boards
- Crosstown Animation
- Superstreet Renderings
- Superstreet Benefits
- Crosstown Rendering
- Canoe Launch Rendering
- Sculpture Voting Results
The northbound traffic on Village Green will be shifted towards the median area and southbound roadway. A through lane in each direction and a left turn lane onto US-1 will remain open. The roadway will remain in this configuration for three to five months for construction activities including utility work, drainage and reconstruction of the north half of Village Green Drive.
One of the two left southbound turn lanes from US 1 to Village Green Drive will be closed.
West Virginia Drive is closed from east of Sandia Drive to SE Coral Reef Street. Floresta remains open to traffic.
Please seek alternate routes to accommodate safety in this area. Alternate routes can include NE Prima Vista Boulevard, SE Thornhill Drive and SW Port St. Lucie Boulevard.
Beginning on December 4, 2017 through April 30, 2018, the width of the channel of the North Fork of the St. Lucie River will be reduced to 33’ due to the construction of the temporary trestle (work platform).
The contractor will implement periodic height restrictions, allowing clearance for boats that are 6’ or lower only.
Height restrictions will be in place February 5 and 6, 2018. Other height restriction dates will be posted as they become available.